Wiz Quiz - Germany
1) The capital city of Germany is Answer: Berlin.
2) When was the Brandenburg Gate built? Answer: 1791.
3) Who was the leader of the Reformation of the Church in Germany? Answer: Martin Luther.
4) Which German invented the printing press? Answer: Johann Gutenberg.
5) Who was Germany's most famous author? Answer: Goethe.
6) Which King of Great Britain came from Hanover? Answer: George I.
7) Which German prince was married to Queen Victoria? Answer: Prince Albert.
8) Germany had a number of colonies in Africa. What was Germany's possession in Southern Africa? Answer: Namibia.
9) Other German overseas territories included the present-day Federated States of Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands. Where are these countries? Answer: the Pacific Ocean.
10) Which year did the First World War begin? Answer: 1914.
11) What was the Bauhaus? Answer: a German school of art and design.
12) Which commander from Hitler's Germany made the flight to Scotland in 1941 and was captured and imprisoned? Answer: Rudolf Hess.
13) When was the Berlin Wall built? Answer: 1961.
14) During a visit to Germany in 1963 President John F. Kennedy said Ich bin ein Berliner. What does this mean? Answer: I am a citizen of Berlin.
15) The following statement describes Germany's entry to the European Economic Community (now the EU). Answer: Germany was one of the founders of the Economic European Community .
WIZ Quiz content from World InfoZone educational website.
We would like to thank the following for the use of the photographs: Mark McLeod, University of Delaware; the Canadian Tourism Commission (Tourism New Brunswick); the South African Tourism Promotion Agency; the Finnish Tourist Board and the Saudi Arabian Embassy (London).