Wiz Quiz - Italy
1) Name the largest island in the Mediterranean. Answer: Sicily.
2) What is the capital city of Italy? Answer: Rome.
3) Name the active volcano in Sicily. Answer: Etna.
4) Who was the first Caesar of the Roman Empire? Answer: Julius.
5) The following statement is NOT true: Answer: Vatican City is in San Marino.
6) Who was Spartacus? Answer: a slave during the time of the Romans.
7) Why is Andrea Palladio famous? Answer: architecture.
8) Which of the following was an Italian architect? Le Corbusier, Bernini, Oscar Niemeyer. Answer: Bernini.
9) What is Bergamo? Answer: a city in Italy.
10) Who was Fibonacci? Answer: a mathematician.
11) What was named after Alessandro Volta? Answer: a unit of electricity.
12) Who was Garibaldi? Answer: a key player in the unification of Italy after the Napoleonic Wars
13) What is Olivetti? Answer: an office equipment company.
14) Where would you find zabaglione? Answer: a restaurant.
15) The following statement describes Italy's entry to the European Economic Community (now the EU). Answer: Italy was one of the founders of the Economic European Community.
WIZ Quiz content from World InfoZone educational website ©.
We would like to thank the following for the use of the photographs: Mark McLeod, University of Delaware; the Canadian Tourism Commission (Tourism New Brunswick); the South African Tourism Promotion Agency; the Finnish Tourist Board and the Saudi Arabian Embassy (London).