Wiz Quiz - Global Communication
Global Communication Quiz (2)
1) You can learn many things from the global communication project. For instance, Latvia in Europe, is one of the countries known as the Baltic States. What is the capital of Latvia? Answer: Riga.
2) Which is the third largest city in Russia? Answer: Novosibirsk.
3) You can read about many schools in the project. A teacher founded Horizon School. Where is Horizon? Answer: Sri Lanka.
4) Groundhog Day is on 2 February. Where is this tradition popular? Answer: Canada.
5) One of the partners runs a Samba group. He lives on an island that was the home of the legendary Cyclope, a man with one eye described by Homer in his epic, Ulysses. Where does he live? Answer: Sicily.
6) Where would you find David's Tower? Answer: Israel.
7) Pupils at Ein Ganim School interviewed the American explorer, Wave Vidmar. Where was Wave Vidmar when he was interviewed? Answer: The North Pole.
8) Slavonski Brod is a beautiful town on the coast of a river. Which river? Answer: Sava.
9) In the summer 2004 we followed the Olympic Torch Relay. What was the name of the first torchbearer of the Olympic Flame in Brazil? Answer: Pele.
10) What type of birds would you expect to see if you visited the Tower of London? Answer: Ravens.
11) One of the teachers from Pasadena in the USA told us that Texas once belonged to a country in Europe. To which country did Texas belong? Answer: Spain.
12) One of the partner countries used to be known as Formosa. What is the name of the country? Answer: Taiwan.
13) One of the students from Uzbekistan wrote about performing Haj. Where did he go to make this pilgrimage? Answer: Saudi Arabia.
14) The Olympic Flame visited the headquarters of UNESCO. The Torch was passed to a girl from Israel who handed it to a Palestinian boy - a symbolic gesture of truce and peaceful co-existence. In which city did this happen? Answer: Paris.
15) In the discussion on Road Safety some of the students wrote the slogan, Arrive Alive, Don't Drink and Drive. Where do these students live? Answer: South Africa.
WIZ Quiz content from World InfoZone educational website ©.
We would like to thank the following for the use of the photographs: Mark McLeod, University of Delaware; the Canadian Tourism Commission (Tourism New Brunswick); the South African Tourism Promotion Agency; the Finnish Tourist Board and the Saudi Arabian Embassy (London).