Wiz Quiz - Global Communication
Global Communication Quiz (1)
1) You can learn many things from the global communication project. For instance, do you know where to find the world's largest single-dish radio telescope? Answer: Puerto Rico.
2) ANZAC Day commemorates the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps who fought in both World Wars. What do people in Australia cook to celebrate ANZAC Day? Answer: Biscuits.
3) One school in the project is located on a hill that has a magnificent view of the Bosphorus. Where is this school? Answer: Turkey.
4) Naruko is the name for clackers made of wood. Where are clackers used in dances? Answer: Japan.
5) In the summer we followed the Olympic Torch Relay. The Olympic Flame passed Checkpoint Charlie. Where is Checkpoint Charlie? Answer: Germany.
6) The Olympic Torch Relay passed the International Red Cross building. Where is the Red Cross headquarters? Answer: Switzerland.
7) A partner school is in Azerbaijan, a former member of the USSR. One of the students told us that Azerbaijan is famous for a particular natural resource. What is the resource? Answer: Oil.
8) Where would you find the Summer Palace and the Gate of Heavenly Peace? Answer: China.
9) On 1 May 2004 a teacher from one of the partner countries wrote about joining the EU. Which country was this? Answer: Hungary.
10) An earthquake on 26 December 2003 killed over forty thousand people. Where did this natural disaster take place? Answer: Iran.
11) One pupil wrote that the capital of his country has the same name as the island. It is known as The City of Flowers. Which island is this? Answer: Singapore.
12) Which partner country won the soccer bid for the 2010 World Cup? Answer: South Africa.
13) One of the teachers in the project lives in Ho Chi Minh City. Where is Ho Chi Minh City? Answer: Vietnam.
14) About 35 years ago, Martin Luther King Jr, a black American minister, urged black equality and freedom without violence. He is particularly known for a speech that starts with the following words. Answer: I have a dream.
15) One of the students from the USA told us that the Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) had been elected as the Governor of his State. Where does he live? Answer: California.
WIZ Quiz content from World InfoZone educational website ©.
We would like to thank the following for the use of the photographs: Mark McLeod, University of Delaware; the Canadian Tourism Commission (Tourism New Brunswick); the South African Tourism Promotion Agency; the Finnish Tourist Board and the Saudi Arabian Embassy (London).